Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Amistad Reaction

This is much worse than what i had imagined while reading Frederick Douglass. From the sounds of it, getting there looks much worse than actually being a slave. I'm not sure what i'd do, jumping off the boat seems like the best option to me. It would be much better, i think, to drown than to experience the horrors of the ship ride, and then to live the life of  a slave until the day I die.
However if I had a baby, I'm not sure what I would do... They would have their whole life ahead of them, but what kind of life is it? It might be better to put them out of their misery, and jump off the boat with them, but i would fell terrible and probably couldn't follow through with it. Since I'm not experiencing it, it is hard to know what I'd do, and even harder if I was aboard the ship.
I was wondering while watching this, why would the US make a law to not allow slaves from Africa, if they were just going to get around it and know of it the whole time?

No comments:

Post a Comment